Engineering, Procurement and Construction
DCO provides Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services for energy projects. While EPC may evoke a different definition to people, DCO’s EPC services involve controlling the project’s engineering, procurement and construction, providing our client with direct access and accountability throughout the effort, including the development of firm pricing, schedule and project guarantees. We also provide an EPC Wrap which would be in the form of a performance bond for our work to ensure these deliverables.
Our EPC process includes the following:
- Work with an Engineer of Record to finalize the design to form a basis to overall equipment capacity requirements.
- Further develop the design documents with a focus on confirming major equipment sizing and features; issue technical specifications and drawings to support early procurement of major equipment by the vendor.
- Solicit, review and negotiate priced proposals from suppliers and contractors.
- Confirm project “guarantees” are based on selected vendor capabilities to ensure “best value” is obtained for the project.
- Conduct a hazard review consisting of a review of potential hazards associated with energy, chemicals, fire or explosion, workplace or environmental releases, construction activities, and process activities.
- Perform a design, constructability and operability review at various stages during the design process, including engineering, operations, maintenance, environmental, startup and test, performance, quality assurance, selected vendors and management.
- Implement Quality Assurance/Control throughout the project to provide assurance that all work from design, procurement construction, testing, commissioning and operations is performed in compliance with the basis of design, drawings and specifications, all applicable codes, contract requirements and to make sure the project meets its performance guarantees.
- Monitor and enforce corporate safety program requirements for all construction work activity. Create and promote maintaining a safe work environment throughout the project duration, including holding periodic safety luncheons for good safety results.
- Coordinate periodic construction inspections by permitting authorities, third party inspectors and Owner’s representatives.
- Perform pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as necessary to successfully startup and transition the facility from construction to operations.